Sunday, September 12, 2004

In the Beginning

One evening, while looking at Reliants on eBay (don't ask) I came across someone looking for sponsorship, for him to participate in the Mongol Rally. There was a link to the rally site(www.mongolrally.co.uk) so having nothing better to do I thought I'd have a look. Half an hour later, having marveled at the stupidity of the undertaking I mailed the link to Jan. Next thing I knew I got a text saying "Are we going then?". Not being able to take the time off to do the 2004 there's no real rush but as the start date approached we both watched the site to see how preparations were going. And the more we read the more determined to go we became.
But what car should we use? I was all for using a Reliant, probably because I haven't got a license to drive a 4 wheel car! But for some reason Jan was not over keen on this. So the search was on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home