Tuesday, February 01, 2005

A Little Progress

After many burns and breakdowns of the equipment, I am pleased to say that my test pieces have all been successful, a lot of the credit has to go to my tutor John, (thank-you John) because how he put up with dippy me can only be understood by Neil!

My course finishes this week then it’s half term – but lucky John has to put up with me again because I’m starting the next welding course pretty soon – I'm trying to get some practice on the types of weld I will need to help get Marvin back on the road.

Neil recently emailed an outline of the rally to his local paper and early the following morning they contacted him, with much enthusiasm, to arrange an interview. We went yesterday and gave them much more information, including the fact that we need somewhere to work on Marvin – at the moment he is parked in Neil’s drive. They have arranged for a photographer to go to Neil’s this weekend, it’s like a punishment to us both because we dislike having our photograph taken – I’m wondering if I can get away with wearing my welding helmet, but somehow I doubt it.

Fingers crossed that we are offered somewhere to carry out what needs to be done to make Marvin roadworthy. A few sponsors wouldn’t go amiss either!! (Hint Hint!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home